NBYMP Development Intern (unpaid positions)
A total of 3 positions per academic term (January-April, May-August, September-December)
As a valuable member of the NBYMP team you will assist with a variety of programs and events related to our work in the community. You will support the needs of each department at NBYMP with a focus on the development of the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a wide range of activities under the guidance of the Internship and Professional Development Director.
The NBYMP is looking for eager students with a passion for sport, development, and community initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to all NBYMP staff.
- Weekly reporting overall workload to NBYMP’s Internship and Professional Development Director.
- Assisting with any in-person events as needed.
- Work closely with staff to ensure professional development goals are set out at the beginning of the term and monitored throughout the internship.
- Develop a project throughout internship and present to full team at the end of the internship term.
- Provide general operations support to the different departments of NBYMP.
- Available for a minimum of 21 hours per week.
- Flexibility with availability during weekdays, some weekends, and evenings when required.
- Currently enrolled in a University or College degree/diploma in a sport, recreation, community, marketing, event planning, communications or a related field; or completed a university or college degree/diploma in a related field within one year of the internship start date.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills a requirement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Able to exercise diplomacy and tact always, to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Free access to all NBYMP events and programs.
- Connections to industry professionals to build student’s professional network.
- Access to professional development resources and workshops when available.
- Flexible with primary work being remote/work from home.
- NBYMP Apparel
- Letter of Recommendation
Flexible – 21 hours minimum (weekday, evenings, and weekends)
4-month internship term (January-April, May-August, September-December)
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “NBYMP Development Intern” quoted in the subject.