Fundraising Assistant (Volunteer Position)
National Basketball Youth Mentorship Program (NBYMP) is a non-profit, nation-wide program that develops youth holistically across Canada. In addition to mentorship from high-level Canadian pro basketball athletes, the NBYMP also provides teachings to youth in sport psychology, nutrition, financial literacy, and other important areas (all tailored by age with a focus on basketball). Since its birth in February of 2018, the NBYMP has been featured on major media outlets such as CP24, City TV News, OMNI 1, and others. Notable mentors and credible partners allow the NBYMP to thrive as a well-respected brand in the community.
The charitable brand of the NBYMP was recently created, called the NBYMP Foundation. The NBYMP Foundation is a registered charitable organization in Canada that provides youth with free academic tutoring services (from qualified teachers) and free college grants / funding for their future schooling. Community initiatives, in partnership with other like-minded charitable organizations, are also a major for the organization.
We are looking for multiple Fundraising Assistants to facilitate and to assist our Fundraising Director with charitable ventures for both the NBYMP and for the NBYMP Foundation.
- No travel required
- Assisting NBYMP’s Fundraising Director with all fundraising pursuits and initiatives
- Researching grant and sponsorship opportunities
- Assisting with new fundraising strategies while building on current fundraising initiatives
- Providing input and assisting with marketing strategies for new and current fundraising plans
- Reporting to NBYMP’s Board of Directors
- A passion for charitable work
- Proven teamwork and administrative skills (eg. Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent communicator with proven people skills in different roles / capacities
- Free access to most NBYMP events and programs
- 50% off all NBYMP Apparel
- Letter of Recommendation
5-10 hours a week
1 year with an opportunity for extension
If interested, please submit your resume to [email protected].