NBYMP Development Intern (unpaid positions)
- Up to 3 students accepted each academic term (January-April, May-August, September-December)
- Options for September-April are also available
- Recent graduates (within 1-2 years) are welcome to apply
As a valuable member of the NBYMP team you will assist with a variety of programs and events related to our work in the community. You will support the needs of each department at the NBYMP, ultimately assisting to develop the program as a whole. The NBYMP is looking for eager students and new grads with a passion for sport, development, and community initiatives.
The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting a wide range of activities under the guidance of the NBYMP’s board of directors.
**Please note: The NBYMP is flexible and can meet the requirements of your post-secondary school program. For example, if you require 21 hours per week for 4 months, we can tailor your experience to meet those hours while still getting an invaluable experience. If you are a recent graduate, we ask for at least 4 months and 10 hours per week as part of the internship.**
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to all NBYMP support staff.
- Complete individual and group projects / tasks related to your academic field of study.
- Weekly reporting of workload to the NBYMP’s board of directors.
- Assisting with any in-person events as needed.
- Work closely with staff to ensure professional development goals are set out at the beginning of the term and monitored throughout the internship.
- Develop 1-2 presentations throughout the internship – to be presented to the full team at the end of the internship term.
- Provide general operations support to the different departments of the NBYMP.
- Flexibility with availability during weekdays, some weekends, and evenings when required.
- Currently enrolled in a University or College degree/diploma in a sport, recreation, community, marketing, event planning, communications or a related field; or completed a university or college degree/diploma in a related field within one to two years of the internship start date.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills a requirement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Able to exercise diplomacy and tact always, to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Free access to most of the NBYMP’s events and programs.
- Connections to industry professionals to build student’s professional network.
- Access to professional development resources and workshops when available.
- Flexible with primary work being remote/work from home.
- Letter of Recommendation
- NBYMP Apparel
- Flexible depending on the requirements of your academic program
- Some programs require at least 21 hours per week. If you are a new grad, we ask for at least 10 hours per week as part of the internship.
4 to 8 month internship term depending on the requirements of your post-secondary institution (January-April, May-August, September-December). If you are a recent graduate, we ask for at least 4 months as part of the internship.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “NBYMP Development Intern” quoted in the subject.